I get asked a lot of questions on social media so I wanted to open my new blog with a Q&A so that you can get to know me better! :) If you have any more questions, feel free to comment below and I will be sure to answer them.
1. Where are you from?
I get asked this question a lot... So let me break it down:
- I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- We lived for two years in Truro, Nova Scotia
- I spent one school year in Cleveland, Tennessee
- I lived in the US Virgin Islands
- I did an exchange program in Bahía Blanca, Argentina
- Then I went to university in Ottawa (the capital of Canada)
- Then I moved back to the Virgin Islands
- I had my babies in Las Vegas
- Moved back to the Virgin Islands
- Now I'm back in Halifax, NS since the hurricanes
This is why I tend to feel like a gypsy/nomad...
2. So... how many schools did you go to?
In total, I attended three elementary schools, two middle schools, two high schools, and two universities.
3. Where do you work?
Right now I'm not working, I'm home 24/7 raising my twin boys.
4. How many languages do you speak?
Two of my elementary schools were in French, in middle school I learned American Sign Language in order to communicate with a friend, and when I was in high school I learned Spanish. So, in total I speak four languages (English being my native language). I also like to boast to my siblings that I know my Polish animals (they're Polish, but they don't speak it...).
5. Where have you traveled & where do you want to travel to?
I've traveled mostly only the Americas – North, Central, South, and the Caribbean. Throughout Canada and the US; all around Guatemala; Bahía Blanca & Buenos Aires, Argentina; Port–au–Prince, Milot, and Cap-Haïtien, Haiti; San Juan, Caguas, and El Yunque, Puerto Rico, the US & British Virgin Islands, and Barbados. I really want to go to Asia, South Africa, and Europe and I can't wait to share my love of travel with my boys.
6. How old are you?
I am 22! I turned 22 the day after my boys were born.
7. What are your babies' names?
We named them Kruz Jacob & Stefon Malcolm.
8. How did you choose which baby to name each name?
I knew. They already had personalities from inside my belly. When we chose their names I knew Baby A was Kruz and Baby B was Stefon. I kept their names a secret until I was in active labor and I finally told my mom. Their middle names are after family members and I just liked the flow better.
9. How many siblings do you have?
I like to think that I have an honorary brother who was supposed to be born on the same day as me because we grew up so closely together (I even named one of my babies after him). Then I have a brother who is 11 and a sister who is 3 (yes, she's a 3–year–old auntie and I was an 18–year–old new sister!)
10. How tall are you?
I'm a shortie... I'm 5'4".
11. What was your pregnancy weight fluctuation?
- Before pregnancy: 145 lbs (my heaviest I've ever been, actually...)
- Day of delivery: 165 lbs (well, then this was the heaviest I'd ever been!)
- After pregnancy: 131 lbs (@ 5 months PP)
Total pregnancy weight gain: 20 lbs
Total postpartum weight loss to date: 34 lbs
12. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
No tattoos, my belly button was pierced until I was 4 months pregnant, my nose was pierced for less than 30 days lol, and my only other piercings are my ears – one hole in each ear. I would be interested in re–piercing my naval later on when I feel my skin is ready...
13. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I HATE to hear people eat! Oh. My. Gosh. (Even myself!)
14. What's your favourite baby product or gear?
My double stroller :)
Thanks for reading luvvies :) If you have any more questions, be sure to send them in a comment below! I love to hear from you xxo