You cannot begin to understand how delicious this guacamole is!!! I used to think guacamole was disgusting just because it was green and mushy, but my stepmom made me try it and I fell in LOVE! She makes it for my siblings after school or as an appetizer when guests are over. I’m just trying to figure out how she always has fresh avocados! (*Tip: store your avocados in the fridge, and the day before you make guacamole, place the avocado or avocados in a paper bag to ripen.)
I’ve stolen the recipe to share with you because it deserves to be shared! Try the recipe for yourself and let me know what you think. I’m having mine on toast this morning. (See my meal prep for what else I’m eating this week!)
- Hass avocados (*Tip local avocados just don't have the same flavor & fat content. They're more water-based, so the guac comes out very runny and quite tasteless, to be honest. Hass is the better type for this recipe. I get mine at Fruit Bowl. I find that they have the best avocados on island and they're 2.19 each.)
- Green onion/scallions
- Lemon & lime
- Salt & Pepper
- Orange (optional)
- Just a bowl, a fork, and a knife!
Serving size: You can make as much as you want! One hass avocado is enough for one person, or to spread on two slices of toast.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit with a knife and slice each slice in half. Remove the skins and place the avocados slices in your bowl. Mash the slices with a fork until well pureed.
- Slice the scallions and add to the avocado mixture. Squeeze in some lemon & lime. For one serving, I squeeze half of a lemon and half of a lime. (Optional: squeeze some orange in as well!) Sprinkle salt & pepper. Mix.
- Serve fresh with carrot sticks, with crackers, with cucumber sticks, or on toast.
Simple, right?! Add as much lemon & lime, salt & pepper, and green onions as you want to suit your tastes! I like lots of lime! Enjoy!!